Cauliflower Mac and Cheese.
You can have Cauliflower Mac and Cheese using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Prepare 1 lb of short pasta – penne or shells.
- It’s 1 cup of skim milk.
- You need 1/2 lb (8 oz) of extra sharp cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- You need to taste of Salt and white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs.
Cauliflower Mac and Cheese step by step
- Bring salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta..
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add 2-3 inches of water to a pot with steam tray and tight fitting lid. Steam cauliflower until soft – about 10 minutes. Allow to cool..
- Add cooled steamed cauliflower and a few Tbs of cooking liquid to a blender. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and white pepper You may need to do this in batches. Vent blender to avoid steam building up..
- In a medium size casserole dish, combine the cooked pasta, pureed cauliflower, milk and cheese. Stir to combine. Top with bread crumbs and additional parmesan cheese if desired..
- Baked until top is crusty and sauce is bubbling, about 20 minutes..