Cheese and Garlic Mushrooms with Bacon.
You can have Cheese and Garlic Mushrooms with Bacon using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheese and Garlic Mushrooms with Bacon
- Prepare 8 oz of Bacon.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 2 lbs of Mushrooms (button or cremiini).
- You need 1/2 cup of Dry white wine.
- You need 3 cloves of Garlic (minced).
- You need 1.5 cups of Whipping cream (35%).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of dried Parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Thyme.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
Cheese and Garlic Mushrooms with Bacon step by step
- Fry the bacon in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove from pan, chop and set aside..
- In the same pan, turn temperature to medium-high to high heat, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms, drizzle with oil and mix through, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Fry for approximately 5 minutes to lightly brown. The pan needs to be hot so it will evaporate the moisture released from the mushrooms and brown, and not saute them..
- Pour in the wine (or broth) and let reduce for 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring..
- Add in the garlic and stir it through for a minute, until fragrant..
- Pour in the cream and spices. Reduce heat down to low. Gently simmer until tender (approximately 5 minutes) and sauce is slightly thickened..
- Add bacon and Parmesan to the pan and stir well..
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Place in a 400° preheated oven for approximately 5 minutes and cheese is slightly browned and bubbling..