Cheese and Poblano Tamale.
You can cook Cheese and Poblano Tamale using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheese and Poblano Tamale
- You need 5 lb of container of prepared maza.
- Prepare 1 package of corn husks.
- It’s 10 of poblano peppers.
- It’s 1.5 lbs of chihuahua cheese.
Cheese and Poblano Tamale instructions
- Fire roast peppers until blackened, takes about 10 minutes. Place peppers in a plastic bag and seal shut for 10 minutes. Slide and peel the skin off the peppers. Remove the stem and seeds. Slice the peppers long ways into thin strips..
- Cut the cheese into a 4"x 1/4" x 1/4" sticks to easily place into the tamales.
- Submurdge and soak the corn husks in water for 10 minutes.
- Fill steamer pot with water up to the bottom of the strainer.
- Spread 1 heaping tbs of masa onto the top left corner of the corn husk, about a 4"x4" square. Add in two strips of pepper and 1 stick of cheese to the center of the masa. Roll in the left corner, pulling all the mixture into the center and continue to roll the rest of the husk. Bend the bottom of the husk up and place facing up into a steamer pot. Continue to fill the pot up until full of standing up tamales..
- Cover the steamer pot and bring to boil. Lower heat to medium low, and steam for 1 hour..
- Tamales are best right out of the pot, hot hot hot. Add some of Auntie Dee-Dee's Fire Roasted Salsa to complete..