Macaroni and Cheese. Cooked sliders and/or macaroni and cheese, for. Easy homemade mac and cheese recipe. Creamy, cheesy, rich and super delicious macaroni and cheese recipe.
Yall this baked macaroni and cheese is FULL OF SOUL!! That is the first thing that came to mind when I took that first bite. This southern baked macaronis and cheese is full of soul and flavor. You can have Macaroni and Cheese using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Macaroni and Cheese
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 2-8 oz of packages of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 package (8 ounces) of elbow macaroni, cooked.
Macaroni and cheese is possibly the quintessential comfort food. Toddlers love it, kids love it, and adults of all ages love it, even if they consider it somewhat of a guilty pleasure. Macaroni and CheeseThe secret to good, baked mac and cheese is a crispy top that hides a creamy, soft bottom. Customise this recipe to make your perfect macaroni cheese for a quick family dinner that everyone will love.
Macaroni and Cheese step by step
- Place 1/2 a cup of butter or margarine in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high about 1 minute..
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Mix well..
- Place milk in a 2 cup glass measuring glass and micro on high for 2 minutes..
- Gradually stir into flour mixture. Blend until smooth. Slowly stir in 3/4 or so of the cheese leaving extra for the top to be covered..
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and micro on high for 2 minutes..
- Add macaroni and toss thoroughly. Transfer to 2 quart glass or ceramic casserole dish..
- Top with remaining cheese. Make sure the top is covered..
- Bake at 350 F° for 25 minutes..
- Broil on high for 2-5 minutes, to melt the cheese. Just watch carefully until it is crispy but not burnt..
You can also make it with extra vegetables. The wonderful homemade goodness of this creamy Velveeta mac and cheese makes it a staple side dish in my mother's kitchen and in mine as. Everybody loves macaroni and cheese: the classic and quintessential comfort food. And that doesn't necessarily mean resorting to the boxed Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. One-Pot Macaroni and Cheese: Prepare recipe as directed, stirring all grated Cheddar cheese into thickened milk mixture until melted.