Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon.
You can have Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon
- It’s 3 cups of macaroni noodles.
- You need 2 cups of diced butternut squash.
- It’s 1 lbs of bacon, diced.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1.5 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 cups of gruyere cheese.
Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Bacon instructions
- In a large pot, cook pasta just shy of el dente.
- Meanwhile in an oven proof skillet, brown bacon..
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside in colander. Then place the pot back on the heat, boil water and cook the diced butternut squash until soft. Drain the water from the squash, add the chicken broth and blend with hand blender. Once blended add the cream. (If you dont have a hand blender, add all this to a blender and blend until smooth and return back to the pot..
- Going back to the skillet, once bacon is crisp, remove and set aside. Drain some of the fat from the pan. Add your onions and garlic and seasoning (except paprika) and cook until onions are translucent. This is for about 5 min. Then add your wine to deglaze. Turn off heat..
- Going back to the pot with the butternut squash puree, once it's warmed through add 2 cups of your shredded cheese and your paprika and stir. Remove from heat. Add your onion mixture to the pot. Mix to combine..
- Add your cooked macaroni to your cheesy sauce and mix. Stir in half of your crumbled bacon..
- Pour everything back into your oven safe skillet (or leave it in the pot IF its oven proof) top your mac with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon. Bake in oven at 375°F for 30-35min or until bubbly and brown..