Mini cheese biscuits with Greek Yogurt. Greek Yogurt Biscuits-fluffy and tender biscuits that are made with Greek yogurt! Do you want to know what I loving right now? Josh made homemade Greek Yogurt Biscuits the other day and I am in love.
Some suppliers of equipment and cultures: New. These easy no-bake Mini Greek Yogurt Strawberry Cheesecake are perfect for hot summer days. Prepare the filling: In a large size mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. You can cook Mini cheese biscuits with Greek Yogurt using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini cheese biscuits with Greek Yogurt
- It’s 3 cups of all purpose flour (390g).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder (8g).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of (170g)cold unsalted butter cut into pieces.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cold plain Greek yogurt (185g).
- You need 100 g of grated Cheddar cheese (Parmesan ok).
- Prepare 1 of large egg beaten.
- You need 3 tablespoons of cold water.
- You need 1 of large egg beaten mixed with 15ml milk for brushing on biscuits.
Add sweetened condensed milk and Greek yogurt. These biscuits utilize Greek yogurt for creaminess, and carbonated water or seltzer water for an added light flakiness! The result is a biscuit that melts in your mouth! Stir in Greek yogurt until dough is combined.
Mini cheese biscuits with Greek Yogurt instructions
- Preheat oven to 220oC. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside..
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter, using your fingers or a pastry cutter. Work the dough until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add in the cheeses & use hand stir until well mixed and cheese are not lumpy..
- In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, egg, and water. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, stirring until dough barely comes together. Dump the mixture on lightly floured counter and knead until the dough comes together. Don't overwork the dough..
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 1-inch thick circle. Cut into rounds using a biscuit cutter or cut into 2×2-inch squares. Combine dough scraps and roll out again to make remaining biscuits..
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheets and brush with the egg wash. Bake for 12-15 minutes..
- Best served with butter, honey or jam..
Greek yogurt subs in for more traditional buttermilk, providing an airy texture and a oh-so-subtle tang. Every cook needs a foolproof biscuit recipe, and this version proves to be just that, along with a welcome addition of zesty fresh herbs and savory black pepper. Creamy yogurt helps keep these simple biscuits moist and delicious. Yogurt helps keep these simple biscuits moist and delicious. Be sure to make extra, as they will be gone in a flash!