Today I’d like to give you every single step that you need to follow to create a recipe: yummy cheese grits breakfast bake in just 47 minutes.
Have a recipes youd like to share? Email 5-10 photos and a brief story about your recipes to [email protected] Please include where you are located!. You dont have to be a professional Chef – check out our outdoor recipes tips!
Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake.
You can have Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake
- Prepare 1 lb of raw bacon, cut across the length into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 6 of eggs beaten in a cup.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Grits:.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of quick grits.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need Dash of salt.
- It’s Dash of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2-3/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 of beaten egg.
Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. In a cold iron skillet set on medium heat, render your bacon til crispy. Drain off most of the drippings. Spread the bacon bits in a single layer in bottom of skillet off the heat..
- Salt and pepper the beaten eggs, set aside..
- In a pan, bring 2 cups water and salt to a boil. Pour 1/2 cup of grits into boiling water, stirring. Turn heat to low and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Take off the heat..
- Add cheese and garlic powder to grits and stir. Temper the last egg in a cup with some hot grits then pour into pot and stir..
- Assemble the skillet by pouring the 6 beaten eggs over the bacon, then pour the grits over the eggs. Slide it into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the grits are set. Let it sit for a minute before you cut it..