Today I’d like to give you every single step that you need to follow to create a recipe: appetizing grandma's homemade macaroni & cheese in just 47 minutes.
Have a recipes youd like to share? Email 5-10 photos and a brief story about your recipes to [email protected] Please include where you are located!. You dont have to be a professional Chef – check out our outdoor recipes tips!
Grandma's Homemade Macaroni & Cheese.
You can cook Grandma's Homemade Macaroni & Cheese using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma's Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
- Prepare of Elbow Macaroni (about a pound).
- You need 3 of Cheese Cheddar Cheeses (8 oz. Bag).
- It’s of Cheddar and Monterey Jack Blend Cheese (8 oz. Bag).
- You need of Breadcrumbs (Panko).
- Prepare of Milk.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Cooking Spray.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Grandma's Homemade Macaroni & Cheese instructions
- First, fill a large pot with water and heat to a boil on high. Add salt to the water for flavor..
- Next, preheat the oven to 400° while you are waiting for the water to boil..
- Then get a square see through cooking dish and spray cooking oil on the inside of the dish..
- Once the water starts to boil add the elbow macaroni and cook accordingly..
- When the macaroni is done strain and keep in the strainer. Add a couple of pads of butter, some salt, and some pepper (while the macaroni is still hot)..
- Then put about half the macaroni in the cooking dish..
- Add the whole bag of Three Cheese Cheddar on top of the macaroni and smooth evenly..
- Add the rest of the macaroni and smooth evenly..
- Add the whole other bag of cheese on top of the macaroni and smooth..
- Now add Milk so that if fills about 1/4 inch of the cooking dish..
- Add breadcrumbs on top of the last layer of cheese and smooth. Make sure there is enough to give it a crispy top coating..
- Now add about eight pads of butter on top of the breadcrumbs and space out accordingly..
- Add salt and pepper for taste..
- Cook in preheated oven for about 35 minutes at 400° or until the top is golden brown and the milk has vanished..
- Finally, let rest for approximately 5 minutes, cut into even squares and enjoy!.