Today I’d like to give you every single step that you need to follow to create a recipe: yummy cheese straws in just 47 minutes.
Have a recipes youd like to share? Email 5-10 photos and a brief story about your recipes to [email protected] Please include where you are located!. You dont have to be a professional Chef – check out our outdoor recipes tips!
Cheese straws. Flaky, buttery cheese straws are a party hit with kids and grown-ups. Crank up the mustard and pepper if you want more zing. Five ingredients transform into long, crisp cracker sticks.
Hand grating the cheese is work, but the difference is noticeable immediately. In the South, Cheese Straws are almost always present at celebrations. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can cook Cheese straws using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheese straws
- Prepare 1 cup of American cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of sifted flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tablespoons of milk.
- It’s of Red pepper.
Cheese straws are just two ingredients: cheese and puff pastry. Cheese straws are really an equal-opportunity appetizer. They go just as well with a glass of wine or a pint of beer. Cheese straws and the South just go hand-in-hand.
Cheese straws instructions
- Mix cheese flour baking powder and seasoning.
- Add well beaten egg enough milk to make stiff dough.
- Roll about one eighth inch thick on floured board cut into strips four to five inches long and one fourth inch wide..
- Bake 10 minutes in 425 oven..
Well, at least they always have in my family. My Mama has always made the most amazing cheese straws. I remember as a little girl sitting at the bar. Paula Deens Cheese Straws recipe can be made in as littel as eight minutes. Combining flour, sharp cheddar cheese with butter make this an easy recipe to create at home.