Today I’d like to give you every single step that you need to follow to create a recipe: delicious spaetzle with butter, fried onion, and gruyere cheese in just 47 minutes.
Have a recipes youd like to share? Email 5-10 photos and a brief story about your recipes to [email protected] Please include where you are located!. You dont have to be a professional Chef – check out our outdoor recipes tips!
Spaetzle with Butter, Fried Onion, and Gruyere Cheese.
You can cook Spaetzle with Butter, Fried Onion, and Gruyere Cheese using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaetzle with Butter, Fried Onion, and Gruyere Cheese
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion sliced.
- You need 1 cup of gruyere cheese (or any mountain cheese).
Spaetzle with Butter, Fried Onion, and Gruyere Cheese step by step
- Mix flour and spices in large bowl..
- Add eggs and milk to flour mixture and mix to combine..
- Let dough rest for 15 min..
- Push scoops of dough through spaetzle tool or large hole of cheese grater into pot of boiling water..
- When spaetzle floats, remove from water and set aside..
- In large pan, heat butter over medium-high heat..
- When butter is hot, add onion slices. Fry until golden brown and crispy..
- Using tongs, remove onions, leaving the butter in the pan..
- Add Spaetzle to butter and cook until browned..
- Remove pan from heat and add cheese. Mix until cheese is completely melted..
- Transfer spaetzle to serving dish and top with fried onions..