Green Mac and Cheese. Green Mac 'n' Cheese. featured in Spinach Pasta Vs. Get your power greens in this macaroni cheese! With loads of baby spinach, parsley, garlic, white sharp cheddar, Parmesan, and macaroni pasta.
Green Mac and Cheese. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This Jamie Oliver mac 'n' cheese recipe is SO good, and it's packed with gorgeous green veggies. Topped with flaked almonds for crunch and oozy EASY SWAPS: Support our British cheeses – swap Mrs Kirkham's Lancashire into this recipe in place of the Cheddar. You can cook Green Mac and Cheese using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Mac and Cheese
- Prepare of Macaroni.
- You need 280 grams of macaroni.
- Prepare 1.5 litre of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of Green Paste.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 sprig of rosemary (2 if you fancy).
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 60 grams of spinach (or any kinds of greens you have in your fridge).
- Prepare 30 grams of parsley.
- It’s of Cheese Sauce.
- It’s 50 grams of butter.
- It’s 800 grams of half-and-half.
- Prepare 64 grams of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 255 grams of quick-melted cheese (I use soft cheddar).
- It’s of Topping (optional).
- Prepare of Butter.
- It’s of Cheese.
- Prepare of Cream.
Mrs Kirkham's is one of the best. Leeks, broccolini and spinach add color and nutrition to this cheesy pasta, which gets a dose of crunch from a toasted almond topping. Classic mac & cheese with a delicious twist – added greens & pesto. We've got lots more easy pasta recipes & marvellous midweek mains at Tesco Real Stir in the macaroni mixture, ensuring the pasta is evenly coated in the cheesy sauce.
Green Mac and Cheese step by step
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Cook the macaroni in simmering water with vegetable oil and salt until al dente (you can chew it but not 100% cooked so you won’t have overcooked macaroni on your plate later). Strain the macaroni.
- Throw all of your green paste ingredients into food processor.
- Make sure you have a smooth looking paste. Do not worry over the smell. It’ll taste good I promise.
- Melt the butter on a pan to start working on the cheese sauce.
- Pour in the half-and-half and add add the flour before the mixture start to simmer. Your mixture will start to thicken so mix it well with a whisker.
- Add 4 tablespoonful of the green paste and mix well. Add salt, pepper, and basil. Don’t forget to taste.
- Add the macaroni and then gently fold it in.
- I cut my cheese into boxes (just because I hate washing cheese shredder) then add them to the pan. Fold them in gently.
- There you have it! Your green mac and cheese. I love to add a pice of butter to my plate of pasta for some extra richness.
- Feel free to add some cheese or both cheese and cream over your mac and cheese in a butter-lined baking dish and continue cooking it in 180 degrees Celcius oven for 10 minutes.
Transfer to a large baking dish and scatter over the cheese. Ever feel like mac and cheese isn't super healthy? Transfer baking dish to a baking sheet and broil until macaroni and. Spicy Mac and Cheese with hatch chiles nestled throughout, then sprinkled with cool southwest toppings, is a calm-you-down and pick-me-up all rolled into one! I happened to have a stash of hatch chiles in my freezer at the time, so this green chile mac and cheese recipe came into existence.